NDA candidate Ram Nath Kovind has been elected the India’s 14th president. Former governor of Bihar, Kovind (71), may be simplest the second Dalit leader after RK Narayanan in view that Independence to occupy India’s maximum ceremonial put up.
within the very last vote rely, NDA nominee Kovind received 65.6 in keeping with percent votes translating into 702,044 electoral college votes, while UPA candidate Meira Kumar controlled to get 34.35 according to cent (367,314 votes). in step with reports, there has been cross .
1. Born on October 1, 1945, in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur Dehat, Ram Nath Kovind was the youngest amongst 3 brothers. After graduating in law from a Kanpur university, Kovind had gone to Delhi to prepare for the Indian Administrative services. He didn’t pass it twice however made it in third strive. He, but, did no longer be part of as he changed into decided on for the allied services and started practising the regulation.
2. He entered politics in 1994 while he have become a member of Parliament in Rajya Sabha from Uttar Pradesh and served as an MP for 2 consecutive terms until 2006.
3. Married to Savita Kovind, Ram Nath Kovind has a son Prashant Kumar, and a daughter, Swati.
4. Kovind, an advise via profession, used to practice in supreme court and Delhi High court.
5. He had represented India in the United Nation in New York and addressed United nations General assembly in October 2002.
6. In 1977, Kovind had worked as the private secretary of then prime Minister Morarji Desai. Later Kovind had also served as countrywide spokesperson of BJP.
7 . On August 8, 2015, Kovind turned into appointed governor of Bihar.
8. he is a former President of the BJP Dalit Morcha (1998-2002) and President of the All-India Koli Samaj as well as the SC/ST representative at IIM-Calcutta.
9. Kovind served as a member of the Board of management of Dr. BR Ambedkar university, Lucknow. He changed into also a member of the Board of Governors of Indian Institute of management, Kolkata.
10. He had donated his ancestral house in his local village in Kanpur as baraatghar or network residence to the village.